From the morning coffee we sip to the favorite side of our bed, we shape our life and body through various habits.
So, why don’t you follow the same while taking care of your skin?
In this article, we will share some tips regarding how to take care of your skin naturally. Make sure to stay with us till the end!
Take Care Of Your Skin Health – A Step-By-Step Guide
Don’t get enough time to follow an intensive skincare routine? Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered! Here are seven no-nonsense tips that you can follow to boost your skin texture efficiently –
Tip: 1 – Avoid Sun Exposure
A lifetime of exposure to the sun can lead to premature aging, wrinkles, age spots, and various other persistent skin problems. Hence, if you tend to go out during the daytime frequently, you should –
- Use an SPF-30 sunscreen module or other related dermatologic products.
- Take an umbrella whenever you are going out between 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Wear protective clothing (a long-sleeve shirt, wide-brimmed hats, etc.)
Tip: 2 – Be Gentle On Your Skin
While creating a skincare routine, you must include some heavy yet essential habits like exfoliating or cleansing. Hence, when performing them, we’d ask you to be a little gentle. Here are some other tips that may help you out in this regard –
- Use warm water for bathing. Also, try limiting your bath time to 10-15 minutes while you’re at it.
- Moisturize your skin after completing a cleansing or exfoliating routine.
- Apply a shaving cream before shaving your beard. Additionally, make sure to pull the razor in the same direction where your hair grows.
- After bathing or washing, try blotting or patting your skin with a towel. This way, a little bit of moisture will remain on the skin.
Although for avoiding skin breakouts and dryness try to use products created for a particular skin type. For instance, if you have oily skin using products with a high level of fats might damage your skin surface and cause skin irritation like acne. Meanwhile, sensitive skin needs an individual approach as it can be damaged easily, and taking care of it would be a difficult task. For avoiding unwanted breakouts it is important to pay attention to the ingredients that are used in skincare products. For example, unscented goat milk soaps that have only organic consistency might be a good choice for dry skin as they contain fatty acids that can restore missing fats. At the same time, oily skin can be treated with products that contain aloe vera and get rid of impurity and excessive oils.
Tip: 3 – Sleep Adequately
Whether you believe it or not, “beauty sleep” is, indeed, a real thing. After a long day’s work, our body needs at least 7-9 hours of rest to rejuvenate, restore, and repair whatever’s damaged. And that includes your skin as well!
Well, your skin produces collagen while you are sleeping. It, in turn, keeps the elasticity intact and ensures a healthy outlook when you wake up.
Here are a few things that you need to follow to get your good night’s sleep –
- Stay in a dark and relaxed environment (65°F).
- Avoid using your mobile or PC for at least two hours before sleeping.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water before sleeping.
Tip: 4 – Eat Antioxidant-Rich Foods
Free radicals are known to cause damage to both our overall health and skin line massively. Hence, if you want to get rid of them naturally, you will need to eat antioxidant-rich foods. These may include –
- Olive leaf
- Green tea
- Licorice root
- Fruits enriched in Vitamin C
- Pomegranate, etc.
Tip: 5 – Drink Water
Contrary to popular belief, dehydration can affect your skin to some extent other than your body. It can sometimes make your skin dry, itchy and make the wrinkles much more noticeable.
Hence, to avoid such an event, you will need to drink at least three to four liters of water daily. Bathing regularly and washing your face with warm water can also be helpful in this aspect.
Here are some of the ways in which drinking water can benefit your skin –
- Flushes out toxins
- Reduces sagging of your skin
- Prevents the formation of acne and pimples
- Keeps your skin well-moisturized
Tip: 6 – Use A Moisturizer
Using a moisturizer daily is crucial for almost every skin type, especially in the winter season. A proper moisturization helps prevent flaky and dry skin while keeping the skin cells at their best. Hence, if you are performing this task daily –
- Your skin will feel less itchy
- Helps in fighting wrinkles
- Improves your skin tone
- Lowers the appearance of blemishes
Tip: 7 – Try Using Less Makeup
Using too much makeup on your face can clog the skin pores and lead to acne formation.
Hence, we’d suggest you use these products as scarcely as possible in this aspect. Also, make sure to wash the makeup away with lukewarm water after you reach home!
This way, you can –
- Reduce the frequency of acne flare-ups
- Avoid exposing your skin to infection
- Lower your skin’s aging speed
- Improve your natural beauty
Tip: 8 – Stop Smoking
Contrary to what you used to think, smoking can speed up the aging process of your skin to some extent. If you smoke cigarettes regularly, your immunity system will be affected too. Thus, it will take a lot of time to heal your skin infections and wounds.
The following are some other ways how smoking can affect your skin –
- Uneven pigmentation of the skin
- A saggy jawline
- Deeper furrows and facial wrinkles
- Occurrence of various fine lines throughout your face
Aside from these, smoking can also worsen your existing skin conditions even more. So, it will be better for you to stop smoking as soon as possible.
Tip – 9: Use Suitable Skincare Products
Like our behavioral aspects, our skin types tend to be pretty different than one another as well. Hence, before you buy or use any skincare product, we’ll ask you to learn more about your skin first!
For example, if you have oily skin, it will be better for you to avoid heavy moisturizers. Otherwise, it may increase the prominence of acne on your face.
On the other hand, if you have dry skin, you will need to focus more on keeping it well-hydrated throughout the day. For that, you can try drinking at least three to four liters of water or use a thick moisturizer on your skin.
The Bottom Line
Healthy and glowing skin is pretty much achievable if you know what you are doing. And, in this aspect, our article can help you out to some extent.
Nonetheless, if you still have some queries in this regard, you can ask us in the comment section. We’ll try to help you as much as we can.